2.14.2007

for my Valentines...

so today was another "stay at home all day" kind of day due to the snow storm...but it was also Valentine's Day...not much love here since we are all coughing and blowing noses every 10 minutes due to a cold...but anyways I wanted to spread so love but not knowing where or when this baby would come I had not prepared anything really for my two Valentines so last night I made chocolate chip cookies for them...not just any chocolate chip cookies but Heidi Swapp's (a scrapbook celeb whose blog I have been reading and amused by since Carter was born) recipe...however in the middle of making these I realized they were the same as the Toll House recipe other than minus 1/4 cup flour and use 1 whole cup of brown sugar and only 1/2 cup of white...the Toll House recipe calls for 3/4 cup of each...I am not sure why I have this recipe memorized except I used to always make cookies as a teen girl when I was bored and couldn't get out of the house like today!...just realized that...I was however entertained by Heidi's explicit directions on how she makes the cookies exactly...Kevin was psyched and Carter munched on his half a cookie at lunch time and the other half for an afternoon snack...they really do make a mess when the chocolate chips start to melt in your hands...he had so much fun though...on the baby end of things nothing fits me anymore so I turned to Kevin's sweatshirts and stuff when I go out...around the house the belly hangs out...I can't help it and I am not shopping for bigger clothes at this point...here is a picture from today...not much going on othere than a few nights of little sleep and increased uncomfortableness (I am sure this is not a word)...I am seeing the doctor tomorrow so we will see if there is any progress made...I need a good night sleep and to heal from this cold before we welcome a new born to the world...God's timing of perfect..."He makes all things beautiful in His time..."...I will tell of our snow adventure tomorrow...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are so cute i love hearing and seeing about what is going on thanks for keeping us posted
many prayers and blessings to you from our Lord
Annette