2.23.2007

Daisy Elizabeth Caroline....

Daisy arrived February 21st 2007! Finally, at least in my world it seemed to take forever but I know the time was right because we were all healthy, Dave and Jayme were able to come, Carter was well taken care of by Grammy and Grampy and we were ready. She was born at 1054 after being in labor at home most of the night and going to the hospital around 0700. Labor went really well minus the back pain before they broke my water and show was finally on the road. I was completely relaxed in between contractions, like flacid. I never am that calm! the stats: 9lbs 4oz, 21 1/2 inches, chubby cheeks, dirty blonde hair, long fingers, and kankles already. She is a big girl and is now starting to look like me when I was born and her brother. Sorry Kevin she doesn't look much like yet. She so far enjoys life other thanher bassinet at night but we will see how she does tonight. Carter is saying her name and wanted to hold her this evening. He gets this adorable face when he looks at her like she is a precious treasure or something. He has had a few attention seeking moments but he seems to be adjusting well. Dad is working through the tax season and trying to get as much sleep as he can. I feel great! Recovery is much better the second time around. I even got a two hour nap this after noon thanks to Daisy and Carter also sleeping well! Off for a Friday night movie and a sundae with Kevin (at home of course!) and with a two day old in our arms!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been checking for an update!!! You look great & Daisy is just adorable! I cannot believe how big she is!

CONGRATS
-Jenn, Jeff, Ava, & Natalie