2.23.2010

aftershock....

I have been up since 0130 when I woke up with a cough and somewhat disoriented and then about 30seconds later felt an after shock. I am sleeping on the top of a bunk in the Livesay's home now. The Physical therapist that is here is woke up and asked if I feel off the bed and I said I was fine but we both ran down stairs to see if everyone else was okay. Everyone was fine and sleeping. I was so happy to be safe but now I am all worked up and nervous. And cannot sleep! I am not sure how big it was but it really was much scarier than I thought! The power went out after that so i went to bed but never slept. Bummer! It will be a hard day that is for sure... but it should be slow since our doctor is flying home this am and we just have a PA here. I can't believe that one little after shock affected me so much... I cannot even imagine what the Haitians experience when it happens... I am sure it is horrific for them. I am off to shower than off for dayshift at the hospital. The sun is rising so fast, the roosters are crowing.... it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Looks like it was a 4.7 that you felt. I'm glad all are safe. Hope you have a good day.

jenniferob said...

We are praying for you, Sarah. My heart breaks, too, reading your blog. So glad you are there for those people. I have a sweet picture of little Esther at her mother's breast in my mind's eye. Blessings, blessings, blessings be upon you and all around you.

kathryn said...

sarah, that must have been terrifing for all. glad all is ok with everyone. hope you can rest easier when you get a chance today/night. be well.

Anonymous said...

I hadn't heard there was an aftershock. We prayed for you at supper. Stay safe and sleep well!Mom