11.18.2008

sorry for the hiatus....

over the next couple days I will fill you in about all that has been happening around here...

yesterday was spent putting this collection of fabric together and a vintage chenille bed spread...


since I woke up at 6am with no ability to sleep any longer (the pregnancy induced insomnia is kicking in)... I crept downstairs to cut out squares of fabric and watch the sun rise... I usually never see that...

this fabric will eventually be two (not just one) crib quilts for my little girls... not matching but very similar...
with the addition of a my parents beach blanket (a pink chenille bed spread) as the back of the blankets I have everything I need... they are a bit crazier than I intended but every time I create something I believe it reflects my life in some way.... this time colors crashing together in a beautiful arrangement not necessarily planned to be that way is a great metaphor for my life right now.... not a crazy quilt (those take effort to make them so crazy looking) but a simple quilt gone a little crazy...

and the "girlie-ness" factor? wow I am shocked by how girlie this is and how much I love it...

so today I have to sew together the second front with my "no-napping" helper at hand... and then it is off to the store for batting and yarn to tie it... I am addicted to creating many things at once so tomorrow you will see the much awaited finished creation of Carter's "surf shack" room...

No comments: