11.30.2008

giving thanks....

we had a wonderful day with family... it was very peaceful, beautiful, simple and thankful....
Kevin made his real Chocolate Creme Pie (no Dream Whip here!) the night before...

I set the table for our first formal meal in this house (something I am very thankful for) complete with real silverware (thanks Aunt Barb), china, vintage table cloth, last minute purchased Thanksgiving napkins, paper leaves

and a cornucopia of thanksgivings (this was the MOPs craft I came up with for our November meeting... a paper cornucopia decorated for the season with tongue depressors for everyone to write what they are thankful for...

here my parents are working on carving the turkey...

I am trying to stay out of the way and even though I am starving I am try not to eat anything till I sit down knowing I'll be stuffed in an hour...

Daisy and my parents waiting to dish up food...

the feast begins...

Carter's new best friend... Bobby my sister, Christina's, boyfriend...

I try in a last stitch effort to get a picture of the kids dressed up before I have to leave for work.... fat chance!

I would like to share the experience we had over dinner writing our that we are thankful for and sharing those with everyone... it was nice to physically write everything down... however I could never fit it all on a tongue depressor! so here is a quick list: my family, wonderful supportive parents and in-laws, siblings that we really enjoy spending time with even though we are growing older and have different lives, my wonderful husband (he is such a gift... I could never repay him for all that he does for me), my Savior and loving Father, my children that have been a constant joy even when they are mischevious (it is hard not to laugh sometimes) and the experience they have given me to love, teach, train and keep me humble, our home that is becoming a fulfillment of a big dream and a wonderful place to share God's love with... I am thankful for my job that it is flexible enough for me to work and support my family while still spending most of my time at home, my friend who always put a smile on my face and the ability to create and learn more about myself and my Creator everyday...

wow that was a serious list!... now I need to go to bed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I praise the Lord for what He has done in your life. It brings tears of joy to my eyes, and I'm thanking Him for you. May you continue to grow in Him the rest of your life!

Love, Mom

Jayme said...

Looks like fun! We wish we could have been there to enjoy the day with all of you.

Love, Jayme