11.19.2008

little surfer boy...

here is the much awaited debut of Carter's "surf shack"...

the inspiration (everything I create has some) was the surfer swim suit hanging over his window and the poster over his bed that i found on ebay months ago....


the boogie board is one of Kevin's and mines and I love the picture on it and the glow of the night light behind it is really cool...

the vintage light in the corner is well, a find in a relatives house and has been repaired twice now, we'll see how it holds up...

I still can't part with Carter's baby signs so until he yells at me for still having them up they will be...

the dresser is a hand-me down from Aunt Em and Uncle Sean... with a little paint, walnut stain and polyurethane it looks perfect for a surf shack!...

still have some organizing and sign hanging and one more addition that is a Christmas present... that has to wait...
my hope was that this room will grow with him and he could be there forever... well maybe not with all his lovies on the bed!....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah I love Carter's Surf Shack!!!! You are so darn creative!!! I can't wait to see the girls' room when you are done with it!

Meg