4.02.2008

coming from a long line of "pack rats"...

so i am attempting these days to get as much packing done before I go scrap this weekend.... so during naps today (only having 4.5 hours of sleep)... I went down to the basement storage room to clean, purge, pack.... the first order of business was tying up loose ends open boxes that have one thing missing etc and sorting holiday stuff (yes I finally finished packing away some Christmas things like dishes and candles)... the next order of business was the gift wrapping "station"... man what a mess... see I have never really wrapped a gift down here just grabbed my stuff and brought it up stairs to wrap... then throw stuff in this area in one big heap... first step was going through the baby gift bags and throwing out the ones I would never reuse and get them to fit in one bag... the second was to weed out the huge basket of gift bags... I even found wrapping paper saved from presents I got at my bridal shower more that six years ago now!!!!!!... the most time consuming thing I did was flatten, fold and organize tissue paper... here are some thoughts about tissue paper I had while I did this

a) I think it makes more sense to make tissue paper in a square than rectangular because it is easier to fold, you always use more than one sheet and aren't we all about being green?
b) green seems to have the most shades and it seems to be the most versatile to me... mint is refreshing, calm; lime energizing; sage earthy feeling; and kelly green growth; dark green Christmas- this must be why it is my favorite color!
c) I have almost as much yellow tissue paper as I have white? can't figure out why this is
d) pink is the lowest in the stash I know I am not much of a pink girl but I did just have a little girl and that means I should have fluffy pink tissue somewhere
e) I love polka dots way too much!

so 1.5hrs later and I had accomplished something that seems very little but is huge in my mind...

now off to fabric... a much larger task!

No comments: