12.15.2010

Handmade Christmas Day 1






I thought I would help celebrate this Christmas season by posting 12 Days of a handmade Christmas.

Day 1:

Shutter Display

I saw this approximately 8 years age (I remember it from our early years of marriage) and have been wanting to find and old shutter so I could put it into action! After bartering at Brimfield Antique market multiple times and no luck I kinda gave up till I told my Aunt about it this October... she then introduced me to a pile of shutters that were old and crusty and had no home! After testing if for lead paint and cleaning it up I put hooks on the back of it and anchored it to the wall! It was perfect timing to display our Christmas card and mementos. I plan to leave it all year long so we can enjoy all those bulky things that fall off my fridge all the time! Thanks Aunt Barb for making this tiny 8 year long dream a reality!

2 comments:

Anna said...

I love the shutter card holder idea...looks great!!

Anonymous said...

Is this what I'm getting for Christmas? Luv, Mom