9.21.2009

10 things as I turn 28...

1) Loving the power I have over my bad habits.... this one is hard but I am learning that I am in control of my habits. They are choices as long as I recognize them to be that and make a better choice.

2)I am officially a soccer mom and a mama that has to get up early and send a kid off to school. It seems simple but I feel like I have grown older in the "mama world". More like a promotion.

3)I am so in love with my hubby! We really don't have much time together but the time we spend together I LOVE and think about when we are apart during the day.

4)Still trying to keep my sense of style.... I think when each of my babies turned 6 months or so I have gone out to buy a new wardrobe and reinvent myself... this time I am trying to avoid the reinvention and just be me.

5)I have been organizing my home since it is getting chillier outside and we are spending more days inside.

6)I am dreaming of ways to invest in the lives of some people that need encouragement, love and grace in this period of their life. Just haven't figured how to do that yet.

7)Loving to play with my children... since I have been about 8 months pregnant I have lost the daily routine of playing with my kids... yeah we have fun as we perform our daily duties but I really want to LOVE rolling on the floor and playing on their level.

8)I need to make two strategies: #1 How to survive this winter since last winter just about killed me except I had beautiful baby half way through and that kept me going- this winter, no baby! #2 How I am going to be a better gardener next summer since I sort of planted the garden and then ignored it the rest of the summer since the slugs and blite got to it.

9)I want to get back to the basics of cooking... homemade bread, homemade sauce and meatballs, etc.

10)I want to preserve memories in many different ways... photographs, scrapbooks, and making some home movies!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're growing up as your entering a new stage of life-school aged/sports mom. Hope you relish your 28th year and enjoy the time you set aside for you and Jesus! Love Mom

Unknown said...

There are a couple of good bread books.  Alyssa got one called "artisian bread in five minutes a day".   I use "bread machine baking" and "secrets of a Jewish baker" for my bread making attempts. 

Slugs aren't so bad if you "employ them" to break down your waste in a compost bin.  If you just want to get rid of them, I hear burying a can of opened bud light will attract slugs away from your plants. 

Grace said...

I am always amazed by all of your accomplishments. I also had a hard time last winter, but found (even though I was already supplementing) that I was deficient in Vit D. I'm urging everyone who gets the winter blues to get this simple blood test done. Aunt Cyndy