9.26.2008

emotionally exhausted...

(family game night a few weeks ago)

this week has been tough.... a young man(Steven) in our church (18yo) has been diagnosed with brain cancer (a very aggressive type)... he has had many symptoms over the past month or so but no one thought this tumor would be the culprit... he had exhaustive brain surgery to remove the tumor on Wednesday and I worked Wednesday night in the ICU he was staying in... his mother, father and grandmother were waiting in the waiting room... I spoke with them before they went home that night knowing that the road ahead is long, hard and grim.... his mother(Lisa) is very strong in the Lord and her faith is being stretched... his father is lovingly being drawn back to Him... our church has out poured love on this family in ways I have never seen before.... I spoke with Lisa last night in the ICU again and just was baffled by the fact that one day Steven was 3 years old, cute as a button but driving her crazy, making things difficult, making her laugh, and cry all at once.... if anything it makes me want to stop and hold my own babes a little longer, knowing that God is ultimately in control of them.... and resting in the fact that I am merely a tool in His hand to mold them, show Christ's love to them and resting in the peace that He is in control... please join me in praying for this family and Steven to be healed miraculously...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, how tough.

I speak from experience when I say that a familiar face in a hospital uniform was probably the best thing they could imagine. Blessings on you in your role at work!