5.19.2010

Haiiti II...

Hello everyone! I am here, safe, and with many friends. I worked mother hospital yester day which now consist of 12-15patients. They all need long term care or need follow up surgeries. Dr. Jen is trying to coordinate there care and get them what they need to be able to get home. It is a totally different place then when I left in February. It is quiet, calm, casual.... there is still a lot of love, friendship, and suppoert here for the patients. I spent most of my day playing with the kids, talking with the teenagers, and hanging out with the staff... giving a couple meds here and there. I even took some of the kids on the trampoline! I still LOVE the trampoline... and what a good workout! It was totally fun and I can still do some "tricks"... no back flips though. The kids are more cautious than me which is totally different than at home.... I am a cautious mother and they run circles around me! The change is nice... but I do miss my kids. In other Heartline news: the Women's Center is being moved and Joanna and Beth have been painting and even designed a birthing bed that carpenter made for them. The woman can squat on a self that is the head board that has a whole in is. I guess most Haitian women want to birth squatting. Jon McHoul is meeting with some gang/community leaders in BOston area of Cite Soliel to see what they want for the community and see where Heartline may fit in.... it maybe a new adventure for them. In this article you can read about the gangs and see what they are up to. It is pretty amazing to have an oppurtunity there. Well I am off to check on the hospital and then hang out, nap and work tonight! Love you all!

1 comment:

Alison Graham said...

so glad you've updated your blog! praying for you....carter looked cute and happy during "camp wachusett" on tuesday for preschool. i'll give him a hug from you tomorrow!