3.12.2012

One week old!

(rare picture of me without glasses)

The first week of dreads has been interesting... not the worst but definitely a bit of change in my lifestyle... from sleeping with a towel pinned to my pillow (no beeswax on my sheets please), to trying to tame my "do" to leave my house, to helping my kids warm up to my new "do", spending less time on-line b/c my hands are busy twisting my dreads, spending endless hours educating my world about dreads, how they happen, work and why I would do such a thing!, also helping my straight laced hubby adjust to them ;), being mistaken as a veggie due to having dreads, finding that running a 5K with dreads seems to really make you want to wash them a bit early and adjusting to catching myself in the mirror with crazy hair morning, afternoon and night! I am loving most of it!!!!

Last night I washed my hair and it seemed to hold the dreads but seems pretty frizzy right now. I may wax again after a day or two. Carter counted my dreads... 29 in total, Cora likes to touch play with and roll them and Daisy says they look like snakes.... always shares her most honest opinion that one! So here is to another week of happy dreadiness!

2 comments:

Erin Mary said...

Sarah- I LOVE your dreads!! I wanted dreads for a long time but was never adventurous enough to go for it...you go girl!

gray hair reversal said...

Beautiful woman. So pretty.