3.04.2010

Detached....




a

Today i am feeling a little detached from everything.... my kids, my home, my stuff and even myself. I feel very lost. Maybe it is because I am feeling more detached from Haiti and our patients. I feel I helped while I was there but now what? Yeah I can try to raise money for Haiti and pray for the people of Haiti. But that all seems so distant. I just keep reminding myself that the people of Haiti have had their whole lives change and they are not detached. Yeah they seem to have hurt and loss in their lives but they had a lot of hope, joy and love for each other, themselves and us taking care of them. And they were so thankful to God for his work in their lives. The first night I was there the pastor who did church every night at our hospital asked us to come out so they could pray for us. All I could make out was "Merci Senior!" (Thank you God) over and over. They were so thankful for us and that they were not forgotten by God. They were so real! I want to be like that and not forget about them but also be very real to those around me. Above are pictures of them worshiping God as they are laying on their cots and sitting in wheelchairs!

No comments: