3.08.2009

Fondue Fun!!! (and pain)

a week ago we had planned a fondue lunch for our dear friend Jennifer to kick off her 40th birthday month!... I had planned and gathered everything for cheese, oil and chocolate fondue... when it came for the big day I knew that open flames on a table with toddlers was dangerous and said a little prayer for our safety... well God answered that prayer because the dish the oil was is broke right after I carried it to the table... thank God we hadn't lit the sterno yet... the only injury was a fairly bad burn to my right index finger... I was so grateful that our house wasn't burning down that I really never felt any pain till later that night... my finger, though it has been a bit of a handicap with three children to get dressed and into car seats, is healing very well and we are still very grateful for God's hand in the whole thing! that night I asked Kevin how I was going to sleep in my bed knowing that we could have been homeless that night... he simply stated that I had to realize that God really does want us here and to open our home to others because He could have taken it away in that moment... I drifted off to sleep thinking of the summer and our plans for entertaining, growing our garden and watching the kids play outside.... a week later I am still shocked by how shaken I was but God really blew my mind... here are few pictures of the chocolate fondue experience which was the most fun!

No comments: